Pros and Cons of Free Web Hosting
Internet is an important part and parcel of everyday life. And many of internet users use internet for web hosting. When launching a site at a low cost, using a free web hosting service is a good thing to do. Many people who choose free web hosting, their website partly depends on its appropriate web host. There are two choices in web hosting. Whether you opt for free web hosting or for paid web hosting. Here are given a few pros and cons of free web hosting:
Pros of Free Web Hosting:
• The best thing of all, it is free. When you get something free, you always get more than you pay for. The biggest bang for your website and with highest profits and all the transactions comes under your head. Some companies need a big amount of computing resources and complicated features on their website.
• Free web hosting is quite excellent for homepage for everything If the website is just for personal or casual purpose, then using a free web hosting service is what is actually suggested. If you are not getting profits, no need to access or pay further.
• The most important thing. It provides flexibility. With most of the hosting companies, you have to first sign a contract. It binds you to access their services for a specific period of time. You cannot even go out of this contract as it will affect your business. But if you are dissatisfied with the services your free website is giving, you are free to leave your website without any questions being asked. It is versatile too.
Cons of Free Web Hosting:
• The length of URL. With some free web hosting companies, you get a mortified long name full of sashes, colons, and letters. If you wish people to congregate to your blog or bash the amateur website misconception, you know that URL is damaging and awful thing to have. If you do not have a domain of your own, visitors will never be attracted to your website.
• A free web hosting is quite finite. One cannot be able to expand his site. Since it is a free web hosting service, webmasters don’t have the luxury of having a huge space for all his files. It also implies that the expansion of website could be quite hard to achieve. Security is the major problem.
• There are some restrictions in terms of having online advertisements on the site. Since websites using free web hosting service normally don’t get high ranking on the search engines, they might find it q bit challenging to attract more visitors as nobody would like to advertise on a website with limited site visitors.
• Major terms like unlimited or unmetered don’t exist in the free web hosting sites. The unlimited hosting terms are just to attract customers and increase sales. It is just a waste of time and efforts. Also, free web hosting is not able to handle a large amount of online visitors at one time. They need space, time and area to cover their visitors which are next to impossible.